Reading USENET news through Netscape Communicator is simple and quick to setup. Read our guide to see how to.
Setting up USENET in Netscape Communicator
1. Open Netscape Communicator and click on Edit then select Preferences.
2. Click Newsgroup servers (from Netscape Communicator's Mail & Newsgroups menu on the left). Then click:
- Then enter news.plus.net with the port number 119.
Click OK and OK again.
3. To subscribe to newsgroups click on File and choose Subscribe to discussion groups. Click on Get New. Once the list of newsgroups has downloaded choose the newsgroup you want and click Subscribe. Then click OK to finish.
4. Newsgroups that you've subscribed to will now show in the left-hand column. If you double-click on a newsgroup you'll be able to read posts to that group, or post to it yourself.