Before you can make calls from your computer with Broadband Phone you'll need to download, install and configure suitable software.
We recommend SJPhone, you can download it for free from the SJ Labs website. It's available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
This software works like a telephone and allows you to make calls from your desktop.
1. Installing SJPhone
- Download SJPhone from the SJ Labs website.
- Open the disk image and drag the SJPhone icon to your Applications folder.
2. Configuring SJPhone
Once you've installed and opened the program, click SJPhone on the Finder Bar at the top of your screen and choose Preferences from the menu.
In the Preferences window, choose the Profiles tab and click New
Choose a name for your account and enter this into the Profile name box. File name will fill in automatically as you type your chosen account name. Click on OK.
Now you'll see the Profile Options window. Select the SIP Proxy tab and enter the settings as follows:
- Proxy domain: sip.plus.net
- Port number: 5060
- Proxy for NAT: nat.plus.net
- Port number: 5082
Click OK and you will be taken back to the Profiles tab in the Preferences window. Your newly created profile should show in the list with a status of incomplete. Don't worry, we're going to fix this now.
Highlight your profile and click the Initialize button to be presented with a username and password prompt:
- Account: Your SIP ID (if you're not sure what this is, check the Broadband Phone Control Panel or the email you received after activating Broadband Phone)
- Password: Your SIP Password
Your account is now configured and you may start using the SJPhone software to make and receive calls.[Top]
3. Changing Your Password
If you change your SIP password, you'll need to update it in SJPhone.
- Select the SJPhone menu from the top bar and choose Preferences
- Select the Profiles tab
- Highlight the profile for which you wish to change the password
- Click the Initialize button
- This will bring up the username and password box. Once you have changed them click OK and your new details will be saved
This page last updated 28th October 2009