About the role and who we’re looking for
We’re looking for people with a natural instinct to help. We know life has its challenges and our customers can find themselves in some pretty tough times. That’s why we’re looking for people with a warm and approachable personality, who have genuine empathy and understanding in difficult situations.
Our collections advisors are here to help people get back on track with their payments and reduce the amount of money they owe us. Their role is to collect debts but they put our customers first and help them to find a way to settle their outstanding balances whilst keeping them connected. Lots of customers are facing financial hardship and upsetting personal circumstances, so you’ll be someone who has a positive outlook.
It can be a tough job sometimes, but the rewards are great. These include:
- a base salary of £18,000 plus bonus
- free phone line & broadband, TV Packages including BT Sport
- free lunch in our newly renovated canteen
- generous holiday allowance, pension & shares schemes
- healthcare options, numerous discounts on everyday items such as mobile phone contracts, travel, gym memberships, cinema tickets and much more…
You’ll be calling people from all walks of life, so you’ll need to be able to quickly build rapport with people, diffuse any tension and put them at ease. You’ll need to adapt your approach to suit each customer and use your negotiating skills to agree payment plans. Attention to detail is important so all documentation is kept up-to-date, along with sharing ideas and feedback with your team to improve our systems and processes.
To be a brilliant collections advisor, you’ll need to:
- be assertive and confident on the phone
- have strong negotiating skills balanced with empathy and understanding
- have experience working towards targets
- have an ability to work to deadlines
- have intermediate excel skills
Our training is second to none, our benefits and bonuses are amazing, and with a great team around you, you’ll go further than you ever thought possible.
Please note: The team work on a shift rotation basis Monday to Friday across the hours of 8am – 8pm and Saturdays between 9am and 5.30pm.