Product archive - Broadband Your Way
How much is it?
There are five variants of Broadband Your Way; the price depends on which you've taken:
|Account||Cost||Cost during VAT reduction |
(1st December 2008 - 31st December 2009)
What's the usage allowance?
Broadband Your Way is a flexible product that allows you to choose your own usage allowance. Each option has a base amount of usage, which you can increase whenever you like.
|Product||Included usage||Cost to increase monthly allowance|
|Option 1||2GB||£1.00 per 1GB|
|Option 2||15GB||75p per 1GB|
|Option 3||30GB||75p per 1GB|
|Option 4||40GB||75p per 1GB|
|Pro||15GB||£1.50 per 2GB|
Overnight usage (between Midnight and 8am) does not count towards your monthly usage allowance.
If you go over your allowance, what happens depends on how you've set up your account on the Broadband Your Way Control Panel
- If you've chosen to fix your cost: Your broadband speed will be restricted to 256kb/s at all times, until the end of the billing month. Access to binary Usenet, peer-to-peer and external FTP will be blocked. You can increase your fixed cost (adding more usage) to lift these restrictions, or you can wait until the end of your billing month
- If you've chosen to 'Pay as you go': Your allowance for the month will be increased in blocks as per the table below. You'll be charged for any usage and your allowance will reset at the end of your billing month
|Product||Usage blocks||Cost per additional block|
|Option 2, 3 and 4||1GB||£1.00|
What features and extras are available?
- Unlimited email addresses
- Plusnet Protect
- One .co.uk domain can be registered for use with Plusnet email and webspace for £1 per month
- Up to 5 domains can be hosted for free
- 250MB webspace (with CGI & MySQL access if required)
- All connections are assigned a dynamic IP as standard (a Static IP can be assigned for a one-off fee of £5)
What's the referral value?
The referral value for Broadband Your Way products depends on the option selected:
How is traffic prioritisation applied?
We assign all traffic on the network a priority, with the more time-sensitive applications given a higher priority. As the total bandwidth available is shared, this means time-sensitive applications will continue to perform even when the network is busy.
|Internet Activity||Priority||Pro Priorities|
|Browsing and email||Medium||Medium|
|VoIP (internet phone calls)||High||High|
|Peer to Peer||Low||Medium|
Can I switch between the options?
You can, use the following Help Assistant path to request this:
Customer Services & Billing > Account Management > Change or Upgrade Your Product > Switch Between Broadband Your way Options