Product archive: Business Options 1-3
How much are Options 1, 2 and 3?
The monthly cost you pay for these services depends on which part of the UK you live in and the contract length you sign up to. See our UK area cost guide for more information.
|Product||Telephone Exchange Area||12 month contract||24 month contract|
|Business Option 1||Non-low cost areas||£16.00||£15.00|
|Low cost areas||£12.00||£10.00|
|Business Option 2||Non-low cost areas||£26.00||£23.00|
|Low cost areas||£18.00||£15.00|
|Business Option 3||Non-low cost areas||£35.00||£32.00|
|Low cost areas||£28.00||£25.00|
What's the monthly usage allowance?
|Business Broadband Option 1||10GB|
|Business Broadband Option 2||50GB|
|Business Broadband Option 3||Unlimited|
- (Options 1 and 2 only) Overnight usage (between midnight and 8am) does not count towards your monthly usage allowance
- If you go over your allowance, it'll be increased by 1GB (at a cost of £1+VAT, payable on your next bill) until the end of the month
You can control how much you spend at Manage My Usage (found in My Account > Connection Settings).
If you set and then exceed a spending limit, your speed will be rate limited to 256kb/s and all peer-to-peer, Usenet and FTP traffic will be blocked. Restrictions will be in place until you remove or raise your spending limit, or until your next billing date.
What features and extras are available?
- Unlimited email addresses
- Enhanced care is available for £8.50 a month
- Prioritised service - £7.00 per month (Options 1 and 2), included as standard (Option 3)
- Annex M is available for £10 per month (subject to area availability)
- 1 (Option 2) or 2 (Option 3) inclusive .co.uk domains can be registered for use with Plusnet email and webspace
- Basic webspace (no CGI & MySQL functionality) - 100MB (Option 1), 250MB (Option 2), 500MB (Option 3)
- All connections are assigned a dynamic IP as standard, a static IP is available on request
What's the referral value?
|Business Broadband Option 1||0.25|
|Business Broadband Option 2||0.50|
|Business Broadband Option 3||1.00|
How is traffic prioritisation applied?
We assign all traffic on the network a priority, with the more time-sensitive applications given a higher priority. As the total bandwidth available is shared, this means time-sensitive applications will continue to perform even when the network is busy.
The following priorities apply to all three packages:
|Browsing and email||Medium|
|VoIP (internet phone calls)||High|
|Peer to Peer||Low|