Product archive: Plusnet Essential
How much is it?
|Standard cost||Cost during VAT reduction
(1st December 2008 - 31st December 2009)
What's the usage allowance?
Plusnet Essential is a flexible product that allows you to choose your own usage allowance. It comes with 1GB of usage included as a base. You can either increase this base (at a cost of £1.00 per 1GB per month) or pay for usage as you need it.
Overnight usage (between Midnight and 8am) does not count towards your monthly usage allowance.
If you go over your allowance, what happens depends on how you've set up your account on the Broadband Your Way Control Panel
- If you've chosen to fix your cost: Your broadband speed will be restricted to 256kb/s at all times, until the end of the billing month. Access to binary Usenet, peer to peer and external FTP will be blocked. You can increase your fixed cost (adding more usage) to lift these restrictions, or you can wait until the end of your billing month
- If you've chosen to 'Pay as you go': Your allowance for the month will be increased 1GB at a cost of £1.25. You'll be charged for any usage and your allowance will reset at the end of your billing month
What features and extras are available?
- Unlimited email addresses
- Plusnet Protect
- One .co.uk domain can be registered for use with Plusnet email and webspace for £1 per month
- Up to 5 domains can be hosted for free
- 250MB webspace (with CGI & MySQL access if required)
- All connections are assigned a dynamic IP as standard (a Static IP can be assigned for a one-off fee of £5)
What's the referral value?
Plusnet Essential has a referral value of 25p per month.
How is traffic prioritisation applied?
We assign all traffic on the network a priority, with the more time-sensitive applications given a higher priority. As the total bandwidth available is shared, this means time-sensitive applications will continue to perform even when the network is busy.
|Browsing and email||Medium|
|VoIP (internet phone calls)||High|
|Peer to Peer||Low|
What's included in the Plusnet Essential phone package?
- Calls to numbers starting 01, 02 ,03 or 0870* are free between 18:00 Fri - 08:00 Mon
- Calls to other Plusnet Home Phone customers, and our Support Team are free at all times
- Calls to 0870 numbers outside these times are charged at the same rate as geographical calls (as of 22nd October 2009)
- For chargeable a £50 credit limit. See our Credit limits and top-ups guide to find out how this works
* except calls to ISP dial-up services and indirect access numbers
For full details of call costs, please see our Plusnet Essential Tariff.