Conditions for PlusTalk Services 1.1
These Conditions apply to customers using the PlusTalk service.
1 Provision of Service
The Service is only available to customers of 's residential broadband services. These include but are not limited to Broadband PAYG; Broadband Plus; Broadband Home Premier; Broadband EasyStart and ADSL Home. 1.2
Customers must agree to our Standard Terms and Conditions
will use reasonable endeavors to provide the Service by the date agreed with the Customer, but all dates are estimates and has no liability for any failure to meet any date. 1.4
and the network operator will use reasonable efforts to provide uninterrupted Service but from time to time faults may occur. Where faults do occur, will inform the network operator of these faults as soon as reasonably practicable. 1.5 Occasionally may:
- for operational reasons, change the technical specification of the Service, provided that any change to the technical specification does not materially affect the performance of the Service;
- give the Customer instructions which it believes are necessary for reasons of health, safety, security or the quality of any telecommunications service provided by to the Customer or any other customer; or
- temporarily suspend the Service because of an emergency or for operational maintenance or improvements. Service will be restored as soon as reasonably practicable.
Before doing any of these things will give the Customer reasonable notice where practicable.
2 Connection of Equipment to the Service 2.1
In order to use the Service customers must download the recommended software available from the PlusTalk portal
In order to use the Service, Customers will need the appropriate equipment such as a headset, speakers and a microphone or speakers and a webcam fitted with a microphone. Equipment is not provided with the Service by . 2.3 The customer must ensure that any equipment:
- connected to or used with the Service must be connected and used in accordance with any applicable instructions, safety and security procedures; and
- attached (directly or indirectly) to the Service is compliant with any relevant legislation.
3 Use of the Service 3.1
The Service is intended for sending and receiving voice transmissions over the Internet. Customers understand that: 3.1.1
The service will allow calls between SIP enabled devices but does not enable calls to be made to PSTN fixed or mobile telephone networks in the UK or abroad. The service is designed to function with other SIP networks. A list of SIP Service Partners is available here 3.1.2
The service is not intended to replace normal PSTN telephone service. 3.1.3
Customers must retain a BT telephone line in order to use the Service. 3.1.4
makes no guarantees as to the availability nor functionality of the Service. 3.1.5
The service cannot be used to make emergency calls including 999 calls. 3.1.6
The service will not function if your broadband service is lost. 3.1.7
The service will not function in the event of loss of power at your premises. 3.2 The Service must not be used in any way that:
- does not comply with the terms of any legislation or any licence applicable to the Customer or that is in any way unlawful;
- does not comply with any instructions given to you by Us.
- is deemed to cause offence, loss, harm, damage or worry to Us or our Customers or our SIP Partner's Customers
The Customer must indemnify against any claims or legal proceedings which are brought or threatened against by a third party because the Service is used in breach of paragraphs 3.2. 3.4
will notify the Customer of any such claims or proceedings and keep the Customer informed as to the progress of such claims or proceedings and have due regard to the Customer's representations 3.5
If you breach these terms and conditions, We may immediately terminate your access to the Service. Furthermore, We reserve the right to discontinue offering access to the Service at any time.
back to top of page
Terms & Conditions
Conditions for the Sale of Hardware
Conditions for the use of Wireless Broadband
Conditions for PlusTalk service
Acceptable Use Policies
Data Protection Policy