Before you get started
- To use this guide you'll need an Xbox 360 S or an older Xbox 360 with a wireless adapter
- This guide is written for use with the current 'Metro' dashboard software (released in December 2011). If the images don't match what you see on screen, please see our guide connecting with older software versions
- If you need help connecting your Xbox with an Ethernet cable or Internet Connection Sharing (ICS), please see our Xbox 360 wired connection guide
If you see NAT warnings when setting up/playing games on Xbox LIVE:
- Using a Thomson 585 router? - See our guide on Increasing gaming compatibility with the Thomson TG585
- Otherwise, set up port forwarding to fix the problem
From the home screen, scroll to Settings on the top menu and select the System panel.
From the System menu, choose Network Settings.
Select your router's wireless network name (SSID). If you're using one of our routers, it should start with PlusnetWireless.
If your router isn't broadcasting this, select Advanced Wireless options, choose Specify Unlisted Network and enter your network name.
Enter your wireless network password. Press Start or select Done when you're finished.
Your Xbox 360 will now test the connection to make sure everything is working correctly. It'll need to sign your current gamer profile out to do this. Select Yes when prompted.
If the test completes successfully, you'll see a screen similar to the one below. Congratulations - your Xbox 360 is now connected to Plusnet Broadband.
This page last updated 30th March 2012