All the information you need to know about our range of Business Broadband products.
- What broadband products are available?
- What hardware do I get?
- Do I get Enhanced Care?
- What is the minimum contract length?
- What's the monthly usage allowance?
- What happens if I go over my monthly usage allowance?
- What webspace allowance do I get?
- How many domains are included?
- Do I get any included VoIP minutes?
- Will I be charged to move from another broadband provider?
- Will I be charged if I want to move premises?
- Can I get multiple IP addresses?
- What security features are included?
- Where can I find out more about Traffic Management?
- Can I order more than one broadband line?
- Do you provide SDSL?
- Can I upgrade to Prioritised Service?
- What are the referral values for the Business Broadband products?
- Can I upgrade to or downgrade from a Business Broadband option?
1. What broadband products are available?
Three broadband options are available, each suitable for different types of business users:
- Business Broadband Option 1 - cost-effective broadband for the small office/home office, suitable for regular working from home. Option 1 comes with a 10Gb monthly usage allowance (free 12am-8am) and 240 VoIP minutes to 01/02/03 numbers.
- Business Broadband Option 2 - a business-class broadband solution for small businesses with up to 10 staff needing to connect to the Internet. Option 2 comes with a 50Gb monthly usage allowance (free 12am-8am) and 360 VoIP minutes to 01/02/03 numbers.
- Business Broadband Option 3 - a premier business service that offers reliability around the clock with one great-value monthly payment. Option 3 includes Prioritised Service for better upload speeds, no usage limit and 480 VoIP minutes to 01/02/03 numbers.
All three Business Broadband Options offer ADSL2+ speeds (where available).
Pricing depends on which Market Area your business is based in (i.e. which local telephone exchange will supply your broadband) and the contract length you choose. There are 3 different categories for telephone exchange areas. You can read about these in our Guide to Low Cost Areas.
Note: Plusnet services are only available to customers with an an active BT or Plusnet telephone line, we can't provide services to the 01482 area/HU postcode area (Hull). This area is only served by KCom (Kingston Communications.)[Top]
2. What hardware do I get?
When you signup you can take a 1-Port wired router or 4-Port wireless router.
If you've got your own hardware you can choose the 'No hardware' option during signup, meaning you don't pay for a router that you don't need.[Top]
3. Do I get Enhanced Care?
The Enhanced Care level of service is available on all the Business Broadband options, giving priority support on broadband faults. You can add Enhanced Care to your service when you signup for Business Broadband, or later on through the Member Centre.[Top]
4. What is the minimum contract length?
The minimum contract length is 12 months. Contracts are also available for 24 months.[Top]
5. What's the monthly usage allowance?
|Business Broadband Option 1||10GB|
|Business Broadband Option 2||50GB|
|Business Broadband Option 3||Unlimited|
- Overnight usage (between Midnight and 8am) does not count towards your monthly usage allowance.
- Unused allowance is not carried over to the next month. On each billing date your allowance will reset to the level shown above.
6. What happens if I go over my monthly usage allowance?
An extra 1GB will be added to your allowance for the month. This costs £1+VAT which will be added to your next bill.
To control how much you spend per month, use the Manage My Usage tool (found in My Account > Connection Settings).
You can use this to set a maximum monthly amount to spend on usage (ontop of your monthly subscription price).
How it works:
Go to the Manage My Usage tool and enter the maximum amount you're willing to pay each month on usage (ontop of your subscription price)
E.g. let's say that you pay £10.00 for your broadband subscription each month. You've got the option of:
- Not spending any more than £10.00 each month. So you'd enter a limit of £0
- Setting a limit on what you're willing to spend on extra usage each month. Do this by entering an amount in multiples of £1+VAT
- If you decide that you need to change your maximum extra monthly spend from month to month, it's not a problem. If this happens you'd simply need to increase or decrease the amount you're willing to spend
- If you do hit the usage limit you've set, your speed will be rate limited to 256kb/s until your next billing date
- You then have a choice of either; increasing the maximum monthly amount you want to spend, or removing Data Transfer Watch completely. You can do this by phoning our Business Support Team on 0114 296 5182.
7. What webspace allowance do I get?
Each of the Business Broadband options has a different amount of webspace allowance:
|Business Broadband Option 1||100MB|
|Business Broadband Option 2||250MB|
|Business Broadband Option 3||500MB|
Our current business products do not offer CGI or MySQL services but if you have them on another product you can keep them if you switch to a Business Broadband option.
New customers wanting advanced hosting services: You should check the range of services offered by Pay As You Host.[Top]
8. How many domains are included?
Some Business Broadband options have included .co.uk domains and a number of domains hosted for free. The number you get varies depending on which Business Broadband option you choose.
|Product||Included .co.uk domains||Free domains hosted|
|Business Broadband Option 1||0||3|
|Business Broadband Option 2||1||5|
|Business Broadband Option 3||2||5|
9. Do I get any included VoIP minutes?
Yes. All options come with included monthly VoIP (Broadband Phone) minutes to 01, 02 and 03 numbers. The amount of varies depending on which Business Broadband option you choose. You can use the minutes at anytime each month.
|Business Broadband Option 1||240 Broadband Phone Anytime minutes|
|Business Broadband Option 2||360 Broadband Phone Anytime minutes|
|Business Broadband Option 3||480 Broadband Phone Anytime minutes|
10. Will I be charged to move from another provider?
No, you can migrate to us from another broadband provider free of charge. To start your move from another provider go to our Switch page or call our Business Support Team on 0114 296 5182.[Top]
11. Will I be charged if I want to move premises?
You can move your broadband for free once per contracted period. Additional moves within the same contract period would cost £54.17 (ex VAT).[Top]
12. Can I get multiple IP addresses?
Yes. Accounts come with a Static IP as standard, however you can ask for a block of IP addresses by raising a Ticket using the Help Assistant.[Top]
13. What security features are included?
Spam filtering, email virus protection and our Broadband Firewall come as standard, to help guard your system and vital data.[Top]
14. Where can I find out more about Traffic Management?
Our Traffic Management Guide explains how we prioritise traffic and what speeds you can expect at different times of the day.[Top]
15. Can I order more than one broadband line?
Yes. If you're interested in ordering multiple lines please get in touch with our business team on 0114 296 5182. Read about our Partner Programme.[Top]
16. Do you provide SDSL?
Yes. Please have a look at our SDSL page for details.[Top]
17. Can I upgrade to Prioritised Service?
Prioritise Service is included with Business Broadband Option 3 automatically. You can include it on Options 1 and 2 when signing up to our service, or upgrade at a later date. It costs £7.00 (ex VAT) per month.[Top]
18. What are the referral values for the Business Broadband products?
You can see the referral values for Business Broadband Options 1, 2 and 3 by looking at My Referrals Discount Information page.[Top]
19. Can I upgrade to or downgrade from a Business Broadband option?
Yes. You can upgrade to or downgrade from a Business Broadband option. Your change of product will happen at the end of the current month.[Top]
This page last updated 2nd August 2012