- What is Enhanced Care?
- Who is Enhanced Care designed for?
- How much does Enhanced Care cost?
- How do I add Enhanced Care to my account?
- How do I remove Enhanced Care from my account?
- What benefits does Enhanced Care provide?
- Can I upgrade my account to Enhanced Care?
- Can I migrate my account to Enhanced Care?
- Do I have to be available 24/7 to use Enhanced Care for broadband faults?
- What if I'm not available when an engineer tries to contact me?
- I recently reported a fault which is currently being investigated. Will registering for Enhanced Care help to speed up how quickly my fault is dealt with?
- Is Enhanced Care available for all broadband products?
- How long will it take to setup Enhanced Care on my account?
- I signed up for broadband and didn't choose Enhanced Care. I've now changed my mind and want this service - can I add it?
Enhanced Care is a chargeable support service for our business customers. By choosing this, reported faults are prioritised by our Support Team and you will receive a higher level of service. This includes out-of-hours repair work by our supplier's engineers where appropriate.
Enhanced Care is designed for businesses for whom broadband is vital. If your business would be seriously impacted by a broadband fault, you should consider Enhanced Care.
Enhanced Care costs £8.50 a month, (ex VAT). This is charged on top of your broadband subscription and will appear as a separate charge on your bill.
Enhanced Care can be added to Business Broadband Option 1, Option 2 and Option 3 accounts during signup. You can also add Enhanced Care after signup by going to My Account, clicking the 'Upgrade' link in the top bar and then clicking on the 'Enhanced Care' link.
You can ask for Enhanced Care to be removed from your account by raising a Question to our Support Team. Refunds will be given for any whole months which haven't been used, but not for any unused pro rata days.
Broadband faults are handled on a fast-track basis, through a BT Wholesale service, providing end users with a first response within 3 hours, and with the target of a fault resolution within 24 hours. This is supported by an improved Service Level Guarantee from BT Wholesale to us.
Note that in order to benefit from faster fault support the end user should be available for an engineer visit on a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week basis.
Yes. You can upgrade to Enhanced Care by visiting My Account. The upgrade process takes approximately 24 hours to complete.
Yes. When you move you can specify that you want Enhanced Care on your account.
Note: Enhanced Care for broadband faults will only be available approximately 24 hours after your account becomes active.
Enhanced Care delivers an improved level of broadband fault with faster response/closure times. Our target is to respond to raised faults within 1 hour and resolve faults within 24 hours (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm).
However, so we can provide these advantages, it is vital that Enhanced Care customers can be contacted 24/7 and potentially be available for an engineer appointment. If this is not possible we cannot meet our target to close faults within 24 hours.
Whenever possible BT do try to book appointments during normal working hours.
In cases where a customer is not contactable, or an engineer can't get access to the customer's premises where required, the problem response/closure times will change to the standard fault operating procedures and a standard resolution time of 40 hours when the fault is with BT Wholesale.
11. I recently reported a fault which is currently being investigated. Will registering for Enhanced Care help to speed up how quickly my fault is dealt with?
No. The Enhanced Care service takes 2 days to enable and it can only be used for faults raised after this period, not on faults which are being investigated. Enhanced Care cannot be used as a way to 'queue jump' or speed up the faults process.
No. The Enhanced Care service is available on fixed rate, MaxDSL and ADSL2+ products. It isn't available on SDSL lines.
It takes approximately 48 hours to add Enhanced Care to your account.
14. I signed up for broadband and didn't choose Enhanced Care. I've now changed my mind and want this service - can I add it?
Yes. However, you will need to wait approximately 5 days until your account is active before requesting this. You can add Enhanced Care by going to My Account, clicking the 'Upgrade' link in the top bar and then clicking on the 'Enhanced Care' link.
This page last updated 1st February 2011