Broadband

UK area cost guide

Summary: Find out why broadband prices are determined by where you live.
  1. Why does the price change depending on where I live in the UK?
  2. Is my exchange in a low cost or non-low cost area?
  3. How much is residential broadband in each area?
  4. How much is business broadband in each area?

1. Why does the price change depending on where I live in the UK?

We can supply broadband to all parts of the UK but the cost may be higher for a small amount of our customers depending on where they live in the UK. This is due to the fact that the price we pay in these areas is regulated and costs more for us to provide to our customers. This constitutes approximately 10% of the UK (defined by our regulator as Market A and to us a non-low cost area) whereas the other 90% of the UK is not regulated (known as Market B and to us a low cost area).

Please note: Plusnet reserves the right to reclassify non-low cost areas to low cost areas at its discretion; it shall not reclassify a low cost area as a non-low cost area unless required to do so under UK law.

[Top]

2. Is my exchange in a low cost or non-low cost area?

We'll confirm your area and monthly price after you've given us your number and postcode during your sign-up journey or when you speak to us.

[Top]

3. How much is residential broadband in each area?

The pricing below is for customers who signed up from 10th June 2014 or have changed their broadband product (including re-contracting or upgrading).

Standard broadband products

Unlimited
Market Contract Package Price
Low cost areas Fixed term Broadband Only £12.49
Broadband & Phone £9.99
No contract Broadband Only £14.99
Broadband & Phone £12.49
Non-low cost areas Fixed term Broadband Only £19.99
Broadband & Phone £17.49
No contract Broadband Only £22.49
Broadband & Phone £19.99

Fibre optic broadband products

Unlimited Fibre
Market Package Price
Low cost areas Broadband Only £17.49
Broadband & Phone £14.99
Non-low cost areas Broadband Only £24.99
Broadband & Phone £22.49
Unlimited Fibre Extra
Market Package Price
Low cost areas Broadband Only £22.49
Broadband & Phone £19.99
Non-low cost areas Broadband Only £29.99
Broadband & Phone £27.49

Please note: Broadband only packages taken (and not changed) before 18th June 2013 are the same price as Broadband and Phone packages.

Residential product prices include VAT.

[Top]

4. How much is business broadband in each area?

Check the tables below to see the prices for our broadband products in each area. When signing up we'll confirm the price you'll pay after we've checked your telephone number.

Standard broadband products

Business Broadband
Contract length Exchange category Monthly price Monthly price with phone
24 months Non-low cost £15.00 £13.00
Low cost areas £10.00 £8.00
12 months Non-low cost areas £17.00 £15.00
Low cost areas £12.00 £10.00
No contract Non-low cost areas £19.00 £17.00
Low cost areas £14.00 £12.00
Unlimited Business Broadband
Contract length Exchange category Monthly price Monthly price with phone
24 months Non-low cost areas £20.00 £18.00
Low cost areas £15.00 £13.00
12 months Non-low cost areas £22.00 £20.00
Low cost areas £17.00 £15.00
No contract Non-low cost areas £24.00 £22.00
Low cost areas £19.00 £17.00

Fibre optic broadband products

Business Fibre
Contract length Exchange category Monthly price Monthly price with phone
24 months Non-low cost areas £31.00 £29.00
Low cost areas £25.00 £23.00
12 months Non-low cost areas £33.00 £31.00
Low cost areas £27.00 £25.00
Unlimited Business Fibre
Contract length Exchange category Monthly price Monthly price with phone
24 months Non-low cost areas £41.00 £39.00
Low cost areas £35.00 £33.00
12 months Non-low cost areas £43.00 £41.00
Low cost areas £37.00 £35.00

Business product prices exclude VAT.

[Top]

Did you find this page helpful?

Yes No Maybe