- When will I be billed?
- How can I check my bills?
- How does my bill work?
- How can I pay for my Plusnet services?
- How can I change (or update) my payment details?
- I've got card and Direct Debit details stored on my account, which will you use?
- I've missed a payment, what happens next and how can I pay?
- I'm worried about giving you my bank/card details, are your systems secure?
- I need to speak to someone about my bill
1. When will I be billed?
You'll be charged for your Plusnet service(s) at the same time each month - this is your billing date.
It's set on the day that your broadband or telephone line are activated (whichever happens first). e.g. if your broadband was activated on the 25th, your billing date would be the 25th of each month thereafter.
If you've taken one of our phone services, we'll make an adjustment to cover the difference between the activation dates of each service. You'll see this as a discount or a pro-rata charge depending on when you signed up.[Top]
2. How can I check my bills?
How to check your total monthly bill (broadband, phone calls, Add-Ons)
- Go to www.plus.net/mybill (or go to View Transactions in My Account)
- Each line in the table shows the details of each payment you've made, including when you were billed and for how much
- Click an invoice number to see more details about each payment. If you're a business customer needing a printed invoice you can see a print-friendly version there
How to check your phone bill and itemised calls
- Go to www.plus.net/phonebill (or go to the Itemised billing tab under Phone Control Panel)
- Pick a month from the dropdown list to see a breakdown of the costs for that month and a fully itemised call list
3. How does my bill work?
To keep things simple, your Plusnet services (phone, broadband, Add-Ons) are charged for at the same time each month (your billing date). Charges for each service are shown separately, so on each bill you'll see some (or all) of the following items:
- Broadband package
- Extra usage (if applicable)
- Add-ons (if you have them)
If you have one of our phone packages, you'll also see:
- Line rental
- Call plan
- Call costs
- Call features (if applicable)
Most items are charged for in advance. This means your bill includes charges for the month ahead. Obviously we can't do this with your calls (if you have one of our phone packages), so your bill will show charges for calls you make in the previous month.[Top]
4. How can I pay for my Plusnet services?
There are 4 payment options available, see the table below.
|Payment option||Pay monthly bill?||Pay one-off (standalone) payments?|
|Credit / Debit card
(Visa, Delta, Electron, MasterCard, American Express, Switch, Maestro, Solo)
(Only available to business customers paying in quarterly or annual installments)
Please note: All non-Direct Debit payments will incur an additional charge of £1.50 for payment collection and processing services.
You should always make sure that you keep your payment details up-to-date. To help you with this, if you're paying with a card we'll send you a reminder email before it's due to expire.
A good way to make sure that you don't miss a subscription payment is to set up a Direct Debit. As payments are made automatically you won't have to worry about updating your details or confirming regular payments (Obviously you will need to make sure that you have enough funds in your account at the time you're billed).[Top]
5. How can I change (or update) my payment details?
Changing your payment details is easy, you don't even need to call us. Just go to www.plus.net/mypayment and login with your Account username and password.[Top]
6. I've got card and Direct Debit details stored on my account, which will you use?
- Monthly payments: If there's an active Direct Debit instruction set up on your account, we'll use that. Direct Debit instructions can take up to a week to set up so bear this in mind if you've only just added or updated one. If you want to pay your monthly bills with a card you'd need to cancel your active Direct Debit instruction first
- One-off (standalone) payments: One-off payments can only be made with a credit or debit card, so we'd use the card stored on your account
7. I've missed a payment, what happens next and how can I pay?
If we can't take your monthly payment (why does this happen?), we'll send you an email and text message (if you've registered to receive them) to let you know.
The next time you connect to the Internet, you'll be redirected to a page asking you to make a payment.
If you can't pay straightaway, you can acknowledge the message and carry on using your services as normal. We'll send you further reminders (via email and text if we have your mobile number) about the missed payment after 5 and 10 days respectively.
When you're ready to make the payment, all you need to do is log in to our website and you'll be taken directly to a page showing you how much is owed and when it was originally due. You can then choose to try again with your normal payment method, or add a new card for one payment only (we'll only save this if you ask us to).
- If you've still not paid after 14 days - we'll apply restrictions to your account and contact you again to let you know that we've done this (How would my account be restricted?)
- If you've still not paid after 28 days - your account and services will be cancelled. We'll contact you to let you know
Reasons why your payment may have been unsuccessful
The most common reasons for unsuccessful payments are:
The card you normally pay with may have expired - If the card you normally pay with has expired we'll ask you to add new card details when you log into the Plusnet website. When you've done this you'll see the amount outstanding on your account and you can choose to pay this using your new details.
You can check and update your payment details at any time.
Your bank/building society may have been unable to authorise the payment - There are a couple of reasons why may have happened:
- You may not have had enough credit in your account when the subscription payment was due
- If you've chosen to pay by Direct Debit your bank/building society account type might not support this kind of payment
We'll ask you to pay with different details when you log into the Plusnet website.
What restrictions apply after missing a payment for 14 days?
Broadband: All browsing will be restricted, apart from limited Member Centre access (you'll just be able to pay the outstanding amount, view your past transactions, check our online support or raise a Question). Once you've paid the amount owed all restrictions will be removed and you'll be able to browse as normal.
Phone: All outgoing calls you make (apart from emergency and Operator) will be redirected to our Customer Support team (incoming calls are not affected ). Once you've paid the outstanding amount on your account all restrictions on your service will be removed.
Note: we can't guarantee that you'll be able to make outgoing calls immediately.
- Within a couple of hours - If your payment is made before 3pm Monday to Saturday
- Next day - If your payment is made after 3pm Monday to Friday
- Following Monday morning - If your payment is made after 3pm Saturday
8. I'm worried about giving you my bank/card details, are your systems secure?
Yes, we take your online security very seriously. We use industry-standard security technology to make sure that all your details stay private, such as the Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode online security system. Once you've registered, this makes sure your card payments on our website (and 300,000 others across Europe) are password protected, stopping unauthorised use online.
All payment and personal details are encrypted and transmitted using a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connection.[Top]
9. I need to speak to someone about my bill[Top]
This page last updated 11th March 2014