If you're confused by any of the terms used on this page, you might find our Email addresses explained guide helpful.
Manage My Mail lets you add, edit or delete email addresses on your Plusnet account. Any changes you make here will apply to both your Plusnet email and any hosted domains on your account.
At the top of the Manage My Mail screen you'll see the following tabs, click on a tab to visit that section.
1. The Summary tab
When you go to Manage My Mail, the first thing you'll see is the Summary tab. Here you can view, add, edit and remove email addresses on your account.
- Click on the tabs to move around the different sections of Manage My Mail
- Use this button to Create a New Email Address (Find out more).
- This is a list of the email addresses currently active on your account - click a title to sort alphabetically by that column and use the trash icon to delete an email address.
- Here you can change the order of the list, view more pages (there are 10 email addresses to a page) or search. Choose the option you want and click Go.
2. The Mailboxes tab
Here you can view, add, edit and remove mailboxes. If you're not sure what a mailbox is, read our Email addresses explained guide.
- Click ADD NEW MAILBOX to create a new mailbox.
- You can rename your main mailbox (i.e. change the address) by clicking rename.
- Click edit to change your mailbox password or delete to delete this email address.
3. The Aliases tab
Here you can view, add, edit and remove aliases. If you're not sure what an alias is, read our Email addresses explained guide.
- Click ADD NEW ALIAS to create a new alias.
- In this example, email for the post alias is delivered to the yourname mailbox.
- You can change which mailbox the alias delivers to by clicking edit.
4. The Redirects tab
Here you can view, add, edit and remove redirects. If you're not sure what a redirect is, read our Email addresses explained guide.
- Click ADD NEW REDIRECT to add a new redirect onto your account.
- This list shows where email to a redirect address is delivered. In this example, email for redirect@ is delivered to email@example.com.
- You can click the edit link to change where the redirected email is delivered to, or the delete link to delete the email address.
5. The Spam tab
Use this tab to decide how to treat any spam emails that are sent to your address(es).
- If you have more than one domain on your account, you can choose which domain you want to make changes to. You can make the changes apply to all domains by ticking the box underneath.
- Use this option to block all mail to the domain you're currently working on.
- Here you can turn spam filtering on or off. There are more options than shown here, for information on what these are and how to use them please see our Spam protection guide.
7. The Catch All tab
Here you can turn the Catch All service On or Off. If you're not sure what a Catch All is, read our Email addresses explained guide.
- Choose whether you wish to turn the Catch All feature on or off.
- If you turn the feature on, you can choose which mailbox will catch emails to unspecified addresses.
This page last updated 24th May 2011