Use the Phone control panel to check your bills and manage your Plusnet telephone service online at any time.
- How much does Plusnet Home Phone cost?
- What call plans are available?
- What call features are available?
- How much do calls cost?
- I've already got Plusnet broadband, how do I add a phone package to my account?
- How do I change my call plan?
- Where can I see the calls I've made?
- Can I make emergency or operator calls?
- Can I use an indirect access provider to make calls?
- How do I change my directory status?
- How do I report a problem with my line?
- I have a question that isn't answered here
1. How much does Plusnet Home Phone cost?
The monthly cost of Plusnet Home Phone is made up of line rental, your call plan, calling costs and call features.
Line rental costs £15.95 a month, or £14.50 a month if you took a phone package before 10th June 2014 and haven't changed it, or £14.99 a month if you took a phone package before 8th May 2013 and haven't changed it.
With Line Rental Saver, you can save money by paying for 12 months line rental in advance (giving you a lower equivalent monthly cost). To find out more or sign up for Line Rental Saver, please see our Line Rental Saver guide.
The cost of call plans, calls and extra features are explained below.[Top]
2. What call plans are available?
We currently offer four call plans, detailed below.
All call plans include free calls to Plusnet Home Phone customers, and our Support Team at all times.
Inclusive calls means calls to UK landline numbers beginning with 01, 02, 03, 0845 and 0870 made between the times specified.
Calls to indirect access numbers (what are these?), calling cards, dial-up Internet access and calls longer than 60 minutes (UK) or 30 minutes (international) are not inclusive.
|Weekends||Evenings & Weekends||Anytime||Anytime International 300|
The above applies to new customers and existing 'Broadband only' customers who add phone on or after 10th June 2014.
Before 10th June 2014:
- Weekends was free with all broadband products
- Evenings & Weekends was £2 a month for all broadband products
- Line Rental was £14.50 a month
- Anytime included 25% off call to top international destinations
- Evenings & Weekends was only available via Product change
The following call plans were withdrawn from sale and as upgrade options on 8th May 2013. Line rental on these products is £14.99. Customers on these products can continue using them or switch to one of the newer packages detailed above.
|Talk Evenings & Weekends||Talk Anytime||Talk Anytime International 300|
What's a credit limit?
Your credit limit is similar to an overdraft for call charges.
Once a day your Itemised bill will be updated as the calls you make are processed.
The charge for each call will be deducted from your credit limit (up to the maximum allowed for your product) and added to your next bill. At the end of the month you'll be charged the amount that's been deducted from your credit limit at that point. Your credit limit will then reset for the next month.
For more information, please see our Credit limits and top-ups guide.
What's an indirect access number?
An indirect access number is any number which charges a cheaper rate to connect you to another number (that's both known by and could be directly dialled by you).
There are typically two types of these calls:
- You first dial an 0870 or 0845 number, and then, while still connected, you dial the intended destination number to be connected.
- You are connected directly to the intended destination number by dialling an 0870 or 0845 number, having previously routed the destination number through an 0870 or 0845 number, which can be done via the internet or by other means.
3. What call features are available?
All call plans include the following features as standard:
1471, 141, Voicemail (1571), Ringback (10p per use), Reminder Call (15p per use) and Conference Calling (40p per use).
You can also add any combination of the following call features via the Home Phone Control Panel:
- Caller Display
- Reminder Call (unlimited use)
- Call Waiting
- Call Divert
- Ring Back (unlimited use)
- Voicemail Extra (Call Minder)
- Anonymous Call Reject
Need help or more information about call features? Please see our Call Features guide.[Top]
4. How much do calls cost?
Check our Home Phone Tariff to find call rates for UK landlines, mobiles and international destinations.
- Calls are charged for a minimum length of one minute and are rounded up to the next minute*
- The setup fee (if applicable) is added
- The total is rounded up to the nearest 1p
* Some calls may have a fixed-cost element for part or all of the call (e.g. 5p for the first 5 minutes or 25p per call)[Top]
5. I've already got Plusnet broadband, how do I add a phone package to my account?
Go to the Product change link in the Member Centre and follow the on-screen prompts (you'll be asked if you want to change your broadband package first, just choose 'Keep this product' if you don't want to).
If you've not yet joined Plusnet, you'll be able to choose a phone package when you sign up.[Top]
6. How do I change my call plan?
Go to the Product Change link in the Member Centre and follow the on-screen prompts (you'll be asked if you want to change your broadband package first, just choose 'Keep this product' if you don't want to).[Top]
7. Where can I see an itemised bill?
Go to www.plus.net/phonebill and choose the month you want to see details for from the dropdown list. You'll see a fully itemised call list with a breakdown of the costs for each chargeable call.[Top]
8. Can I make emergency or operator calls?
Yes, you can dial 999 or 112 for Emergency calls and 100 for Operator calls (standard BT charges + a 5% admin charge apply to Operator calls).[Top]
9. Can I use an indirect access provider to make calls?
Yes, although you should be aware that we can't offer support if there are problems with the service you're using.
Please note: indirect access services using 0845 and 0870 numbers are chargeable calls.[Top]
10. How do I change my directory status?
If you want to limit the ways in which your directory details are listed, you can choose one of the following options:
- Ex-directory - No calls: Your details won't be included in the Phone Book or be available through BT 118500 Directory Enquiries services (over the phone or the 118500 website)
- Directory Enquiries Only: Your details will only be available via BT 118500 Directory Enquiries over the phone. They won't be included in the Phone Book or be available on the 118500 website
To apply for either of the above options (or to get your number added to the directory), please contact our Support Team through the Help Assistant.[Top]
11. How do I report a problem with my line?
If you want to report a problem, please contact our Support Team.
Before you do, we recommend reading our troubleshooting guide. You might be able to fix the problem yourself.[Top]
12. I have a question that isn't answered here[Top]
This page last updated 20th May 2014