- What personal information do we collect?
- Protecting your privacy
- Data storage
- How do we protect your data when it is transferred out of Europe?
- Comments and questions
Your right to privacy is very important. We recognise that when you choose to provide us with information about yourself, you trust us to act in a responsible manner. We believe this information should only be used to help us provide you with better service. That's why we have put a policy in place to protect your personal information. Below is a summary of our policy.[Top]
2. What personal information do we collect?
- In general, when you visit our websites and access information you remain anonymous. Before we ask you for information, we will explain how this information will be used. We will not provide any of your personal information to other companies or individuals without your permission.
- However, some of our sites require registration to access.
- There are occasions where we will ask for additional information. We do this to be able to better understand your needs, and provide you with services that we believe may be valuable to you.
3. Protecting your privacy
- We will take appropriate steps to protect your privacy. Whenever you provide sensitive information (for example, a credit card number to make a purchase), we will take reasonable steps to protect it, such as encrypting your card number. We will also take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information in storage. Credit card numbers are used only for payment processing and are not retained for marketing purposes.
- We will not provide any of your personal information to other companies or individuals without your permission. However, we may need to provide your name and delivery address to third parties that we use for the purposes of delivering specific services to you (e.g. broadband service, or a shipping company if you have asked us to send something to you).
- Our websites may provide links to third party websites. Since we do not control those websites, you are responsible for reviewing and abiding by the privacy policies of these third party sites.
- If you would like to change the electronic communication you receive from Plusnet, change your preferences.
- To get the most out of our site, your computer or mobile devices (mobile phones/tablets) will need to accept cookies.
5. Data storage
- Many of our websites that collect information will store and process that information in databases.
- You can help us to maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any changes to your address, title, phone number or email address. You can do this online through the 'Edit Details' section of 'My Account' at the Member Centre.
6. How do we protect your data when it is transferred out of Europe?
- Countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) are required to have a similar standard of protection of personal data but this is not always the case in countries outside the EEA. We do sometimes transfer data outside the EEA but before doing so take steps to ensure that your data will be given adequate protection as required by the Data Protection Act.
7. Comments and questions
- We welcome comments and questions on this policy. We are dedicated to protecting your personal information, and we will make every reasonable effort to keep that information secure. Due to the rapidly evolving technologies on the Internet, we may occasionally update this policy. All revisions will be posted to this section.
- If you feel your privacy has been breached, you can contact us.