- What is Fax-2-Email?
- How do I activate Fax-2-Email?
- Can I change the email address that Fax-2-Email uses?
- How much does it cost to send faxes to my Fax-2-Email number?
- Can I send faxes using Fax-2-Email?
- Why has my Fax-2-Email service been deactivated?
- What format do I receive faxes in?
- Can Fax-2-Email be used from outside the UK?
- Once I've received a fax can I forward it?
1. What is Fax-2-Email?
Fax-2-Email allows an email address of your choice to receive faxes, meaning that you don't need a fax machine. Instead, when someone faxes your number you'll receive the fax as an email attachment.[Top]
2. How do I activate Fax-2-Email?
This service is no longer available for new activation. If you're an existing user, you can keep access as long as you use it once every three months.[Top]
3. Can I change the email address that Fax-2-Email uses?
You can login and manage your Fax-2-Email service through our VoIP control panel:
- Go to http://voip.plus.net/
- Login using the contact address registered on your account
Note: If you can't remember your password, use the Forgotten Password link to reset it
- Once logged in, select Phone Numbers from the menu on the left
- Update the destination email address for your Fax number and click Save
4. How much does it cost to send faxes to my Fax-2-Email number?
0870 numbers are national rate, so faxes should be charged at BT's standard national rate - this will depend on the phone provider that the sender uses.[Top]
5. Can I send faxes using Fax-2-Email?
No. Fax-2 Email can only be used to receive faxes.[Top]
6. Why has my Fax-2-Email service been removed?
If you don't use your Fax-2-Email service for more than three months, your number will be removed.[Top]
7. What format will I receive faxes in?
When someone sends a fax to your Fax-2-Email number, it'll be emailed to you as a PDF file. You'll be able to view it with a PDF viewer such as Adobe Reader.[Top]
8. Can Fax-2-Email be used from outside the UK?
It depends on the phone provider the sender is using. If they support calls to UK 0870 numbers, then the service will work. If not then it won't.[Top]
9. Can I forward a fax I've received?
Yes. After receiving a Fax-2-Email message you can treat it like any other email with an attachment.[Top]
This page last updated 23rd August 2012