Our mobile phone exchange policy
What do I do if my mobile phone or device from you is faulty?
We’ll exchange your mobile phone or device if it becomes faulty within 30 days of you getting it. You just need to tell us and return the phone as described below.
If you’ve had it for longer than that and it becomes faulty, take a look at ‘What if my equipment is older than 30 days’ further down.
How do I get in touch with you if I want to exchange my mobile phone or device?
First, get in touch with us by phone or email.
- call us from any phone
- tell us the make and model of your mobile phone or device, its IMEI number, and the reason you want to exchange it
- we’ll then tell you what you need to do.
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us you want to exchange your mobile phone or device
- we’ll send you a return form
- fill it in and email it to us
- when we’ve got it, we’ll get in touch to tell you how to return your mobile phone or device.
What happens next?
Once you’ve contacted us to ask for an exchange, we’ll arrange for a courier to send you a replacement. They’ll collect your faulty mobile phone or device at the same time.
Make sure you:
- take out your SIM so you can use it in your replacement
- remove any personal information, like texts, photos, games or music
- uninstall any theft or loss protection apps, and remove any pin numbers you’ve set up on the device itself or iCloud
- return anything else you got along with the mobile phone or device, like packaging or accessories – otherwise you’ll need to send them back separately, which might mean paying for postage
Will I need to pay anything else after I’ve exchanged my mobile phone or device?
When we get your faulty mobile phone or device, we’ll check it to make sure there’s no damage that you’ve caused, like scratches on the screen or liquid damage. If there’s damage, we’ll get in touch if we need to discuss this with you in more detail.
What if my equipment is older than 30 days?
If you’ve had it for longer than that and it becomes faulty, get in touch to see what we can do.
Most of our mobile phones are covered by a manufacturer’s warranty for 24 months, except Apple products which are covered for 12 months. Details of these warranties depend on the manufacturer but if your handset develops a fault within the warranty period that we are not able to fix over the phone, you should be able to send the handset to the manufacturer for a repair.
We’ll always respect your statutory rights to repair or replace a faulty mobile phone or device we’ve sold you if it isn’t of satisfactory quality.
What if I bought my mobile phone or device from another retailer?
Sometimes another retailer will sell you a mobile phone or device from them and at the same time sign you up to Plusnet Mobile.
If they’ve sold you it instead of us, you’ll need to check with them to see what their return or exchange policy is.
If they give you an exchange or refund but you’ve used still used our services, we might charge you for the services you’ve used.