We’re changing our Plusnet Mobile prices and terms
On the 30th June 2021, we'll be making some changes to our prices and terms and conditions. Here's everything you need to know.
So what’s changing?
From 30th June 2021, we’re increasing the price of your plan in line with the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of inflation, published by the Office for National Statistics in April this year plus 3.9%.
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate is a figure released by the Office for National Statistics. The CPI is used for purposes such as uprating pensions, wages and benefits and can help in the understanding of inflation on family budgets. CPI measures the average price change as a percentage for a basket of 700 different goods and services which households buy.
How will the new price rises work?
We'll take the CPI percentage rate published by the Office for National Statistics in April of this year which is 0.7% and add an extra 3.9%. So the total rate we’ll apply is 4.6%
Here's an example to show how this works. Let’s say:
You had a mobile plan that's £10.00 a month.
The CPI rate in April 2021 is 0.7%.
Your monthly price up to 30th June 2021 = £10.00
£10.00 plus 4.6% (the 0.7% CPI rate published in April 2021 plus 3.9%) = £10.46 a month
This means you’d pay £10.46 each month going forward, less any discounts you might have which will continue as normal.
Changes to your terms and conditions
We’re amending your terms and conditions so that from 30th June 2021 your terms and conditions will include annual CPI plus 3.9% price increases. This means we’ll increase your mobile plan price in March each year from 2022 by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate published by the Office for National Statistics in January of that year plus 3.9%.
We'll always let you know before we increase our prices.
The changes to your terms and conditions will be from 30th June 2021 and they can be found here.
Can I make changes to my plan?
If you'd like to make any changes to your plan, you can log in to My Account and hit the Upgrade Button to see what exclusive offers are available.
Can I cancel my contract because of these changes?
We’d hate to see you go and we’re always here to help if you want to contact us about any of the changes.
If you did decide to leave due to the changes, depending on the type of contract you have, the following would apply:
If you currently have 12 month SIM only mobile plan and you’re still in your minimum term contract
If you decide you want to leave your mobile service, you can do so without having to pay an early termination charge. You just need to let us know within a month of receiving our email / or letter which we sent you about the changes to your plan.
If you have 12 month SIM only mobile plan and your minimum term contract has expired
As your 12 month contract has ended you can leave at any time without paying an early termination charge.
If you have a 30 day SIM only mobile plan and you want to leave your mobile service, you can do so free of charge.
To cancel your plan you can call us on 500 from your Plusnet mobile (or 0800 079 1133 from any other phone).
Can I cancel my mobile contract when you increase the price by CPI Plus 3.9% from March 2022?
If we're only putting up prices in line with the CPI plus 3.9% and you choose to cancel because of that, you'll still need to pay any early termination charges if you're still within your minimum term. This is because annual CPI price rises will be included in your Mobile Terms.
If we put up our prices for any other reason though, you might be able to end your contract early without paying any charges.
What if I sign up to a new plan?
New contracts from 26th May onwards will include annual CPI plus 3.9% price increases. This means we’ll increase your mobile plan price in March each year from 2022 by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate published by the Office for National Statistics in January of that year plus 3.9%.