Follow these instructions to set up your Plusnet or hosted domain email address.
Before you can use this guide, you'll need Windows Live Mail 2011 installed on your computer ().
If you use Windows Live Messenger or other Windows Live services, you may see a message asking if you want to sign in using your Windows Live ID. Click No. If this is the first time you've opened Windows Live Mail 2011, the Add your email accounts window will appear automatically (continue to step 2).
Otherwise, go to the Accounts tab and click the Email button on the toolbar.
Fill in your account details (see below the screenshot if you need help with this).
- Email address: Enter the address you're setting up, this could be a Plusnet address (email@example.com) or a hosted domain address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Enter the password for the email address you're setting up ()
- Display Name for your sent messages: Enter your full name (or the name you'd like people to see when you send them email from this account)
When you've done this, click Next.
Fill in your mail server addresses and email username (see below the screenshot if you need help with this).
- Incoming Server information:
- Server Type: Choose POP or IMAP for the Incoming e-mail server type ()
- Server address: For POP, this is mail.plus.net, for IMAP this is imap.plus.net (the port number will be filled in for you so leave this as it is)
- Authenticate using: Make sure this says Clear text
- Logon user name: Enter the email username for the address you're setting up ()
- Outgoing server information
- Server address: relay.plus.net
Click Next to continue.
That's all you need to do, click Finish.
Your mail account is now ready to use. Click Send/Receive (it's on the right side of the Home tab) or press F5 on your keyboard and your email will be downloaded to your Inbox.