What is Plusnet Call Protect?
Plusnet Call Protect is a great new call feature which blocks nuisance calls on your landline and sends them straight to junk voicemail, where they belong. It’s completely free of charge and is quick and easy to set up. Plusnet Call Protect works in three ways:
- It automatically blocks calls from Plusnet’s list of known nuisance callers, which is updated regularly to send as many of those pesky nuisance calls as possible to junk voicemail
- You can create your own personal list of up to 100 nuisance numbers that you can select and maintain
- You can also choose to divert specific types of numbers to junk voicemail, such as international numbers, withheld numbers and unavailable numbers
How do I add Plusnet Call Protect to my account?
Plusnet Call Protect can be added through the Home Phone Control Panel in Member Centre by selecting ‘Plusnet Call Protect’ from the list.Add Plusnet Call Protect
How do I choose which calls will be sent to junk voicemail?
Once you’ve added Plusnet Call Protect in Member Centre, all you need to do is dial 1572 to access your junk mailbox and settings. That will give you all the options you need to block nuisance calls and, of course, 1572 is free to call from your landline.
You can add any number you like to your personal blacklist, so if you get an unwanted call, just hang up, dial 1572 and follow the simple instructions to add the last number to your junk voicemail list. One to remember next time you get one of those unwanted PPI calls!
If a caller from your selected list calls you, they can leave a voicemail which you can listen to by calling 1572.
- Plusnet Call Protect is compatible with any other call features you might have.
- The Do not Disturb setting means that all calls will either be sent to your normal 1571 voicemail or your 1572 junk voicemail if they feature on your diverted list. For those times when you really want some peace and quiet!
- The VIP list allows you to select up to 50 numbers to override your diverted list. For example, if you’ve blocked international numbers but have family abroad, you can add them to your VIP list, so they’ll still get through to you.
For more information and FAQs please visit - https://www.plus.net/help/phone/call-features/