Voyager 205 router - setup guide
Connect your microfilters
Plug a microfilter into each telephone socket you use in your property. If you had to unplug something you can plug it back into the Phone socket of the microfilter.
Phone sockets can be used by phones, alarm systems, fax machines and digital TV boxes, so make sure you don't miss anything out. Microfilters are essential for keeping your phone and Internet services from interfering with each other. Without microfilters you'll see poor speeds and connection drops.
- You can use a microfilter before or after an extension lead, but not both
- You can connect two devices to one microfilter if you use a phone adapter
- If you need more microfilters, you can get them from most electrical stores and supermarkets
- Don't plug a microfilter into the socket of another microfilter
Connect your router and plug it in
- Plug the grey telephone cable into the microfilter socket marked DSL.
- Plug the other end of the grey telephone cable into the DSL socket on the back of the router.
- Connect the power adapter and switch the router on with the power button at the back.
- The power light will initially be red and the DSL light will flash. Wait until they stop flashing and turn solid green before proceeding to the next section.
Connect your computer to your router
- Connect the ethernet cable to the yellow Ethernet socket on the back of your router.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet socket on your computer or laptop.
Connect to the Internet
- Start your Internet browser and type in the address 192.168.1.1
- The Configuration Manager screen should open.
- On the Configuration Manager screen, enter your Broadband Username and Password.
- Click on Connect
- Congratulations - your BT Voyager 205 USB Modem/Router is now connected to your broadband account. You will be able to access the Internet from any computer on your network.
What to do if you're having problems getting connected
If you're having problems after setting up, read our troubleshooting guide.