Zyxel Prestige 660H router - setup guide
Connect your microfilters
Plug a microfilter into each telephone socket you use in your property. If you had to unplug something you can plug it back into the Phone socket of the microfilter.
Phone sockets can be used by phones, alarm systems, fax machines and digital TV boxes, so make sure you don't miss anything out. Microfilters are essential for keeping your phone and Internet services from interfering with each other. Without microfilters you'll see poor speeds and connection drops.
- You can use a microfilter before or after an extension lead, but not both
- You can connect two devices to one microfilter if you use a phone adapter
- If you need more microfilters, you can get them from most electrical stores and supermarkets
- Don't plug a microfilter into the socket of another microfilter
Connect your router and plug it in
- Plug the grey telephone cable into the microfilter socket marked DSL.
- Plug the other end of the grey telephone cable into the DSL socket on the back of the router.
- Connect the power adapter and switch the router on with the power button at the back.
- The PWR/SYS light will initially flash and turn green. The DSL light will also flash green but should turn orange after about a minute. Wait until both lights stop flashing before proceeding to the next section.
Connect your laptop, phone or other device to your router
Connect the ethernet cable to any of the four Ethernet sockets on the back of your router.
Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet socket on your computer or laptop.
Connect to the Internet
- Start your Internet browser and type in the address 192.168.1.1
- Click Login on the Enter Password screen.
- Click Ignore on the Change Password screen.
- Click Wizard Setup.
- Type in your Broadband username and your password.
- Find your Broadband Username under Connection Settings in the Member Centre
- The Password is the one that you use to log in to this website
- Now click the radio button at the side of Nailed-Up Connection, then click Next.
- Now click Log on to the Internet!
Congratulations, you are now connected to broadband!
What to do if you're having problems getting connected
If you're having problems after setting up, read our troubleshooting guide.
If the DSL light is flashing
Check your microfilters - there should be a microfilter on each telephone extension on which a telephone device is used. Make sure that you don't use two microfilters on the same extension.
If you are using a telephone extension cable, try connecting your router on the main telephone socket.
If the Internet light is orange
Try typing your broadband username and password in again.