Fixed Price Contracts
Fixed Price Contracts FAQs
What are fixed price contracts?
It’s great news. From August 8th 2018 if you take one of our new fixed price contracts you’ll have your broadband and line rental costs fixed, for the length of your contract.
This will apply to Residential and Business customers:
- Signing up to a new contract
- Changing product
It’s our guarantee that the cost of your broadband and line rental during the length of your fixed price contract won’t go up.
What happens at the end of a fixed price contract?
To help you make the right choices, before your minimum term contract ends we’ll email you, (or send you a letter if you’ve asked for important documents to be sent in an alternative format).
This will explain:
- What happens once your contract ends, including any changes to your services.
- Your current subscription cost and the subscription cost once your contract ends (including any discounts).
- The options you now have (e.g. stay on your current contract, choose a new deal/contract or cancel your contract/move to another provider).
- Which of our current deals will offer the best price and that best suits your needs, once your minimum term contract ends.
Also, if you’re on one of our fixed price contracts we’ll also give you a separate personal account review. This is to make sure we always offer you our best current deal to suit your needs.
For more details read our Contracts Policy.
Can I fix the price of my existing contract?
No, the fixed price only applies to new contracts (broadband and line rental) from August 8th 2018, taken when signing up, re-contracting, or changing product.
Are call plans, call costs and other services price fixed too?
Call plan costs, call charge rates, set up fees, or any other services such as TV, BT Sport app, BT Sport over Sky or any other add-ons, are still subject to price changes while in contract.
Can I get a fixed price contract for Plusnet Mobile?
Fixed price contracts aren’t available on our Plusnet Mobile products.
I’m a Business customer, can I get fixed price contracts too?
Yes. If you take one of our new fixed price contracts you’ll have no price rises on your broadband and line rental costs throughout the length of your contract.
I have Line Rental Saver, can I get a fixed price contract?
Yes, Line Rental Saver is included as part of fixed price contracts.
What if I re-contract or change product before my Line Rental Saver contract ends?
You’ll start a new fixed price contract. When your Line Rental Saver ends you’ll start to pay for your line rental at either the monthly price when you started your new fixed price contract, or you can take Line Rental Saver again (also at the price it was when you started your new fixed price contract).
What if my Line Rental Saver and broadband contracts expire at the same time?
You’ll pay the current monthly price for broadband and line rental, or you can choose to take Line Rental Saver again at the current price.
What happens if my Line Rental Saver ends before my broadband contract?
- Be charged for monthly line rental at the price it was when you started your fixed price contract, or
- Have the opportunity to renew Line Rental Saver at the price it was when you started your fixed price contract
What happens if I come out of my contract, or re-contract?
You’ll be subject to any price changes for broadband and line rental since your previous contract started. This applies if you come out of your contract, or re-contract because you’ve changed product or moved house.
What happens if I move house?
If you’re on a fixed price contract you have a few options available to you. This depends how far along you are in your contract.
- You may be eligible to choose a new package and enter a new fixed price contract at the time of your house move
- You may be eligible to move your current contract across to your new house and continue paying the current price
- If you’re nearing the end of your current contract, or you’re out of contract then you’ll either need to start a new fixed price contract, or pay our home move fee
To find out what contract you’re on and what options you have, just Contact Us.
If I move between a low cost area and a non-low cost area, what happens?
Prices may change depending on where you live. In some places our prices are a bit higher, as it costs us more to provide broadband there. These are called ‘non-low cost areas’. Our guide to our broadband prices around the UK explains more about this.
If you move while on a fixed price contract, you’ll have the following options:
- Choose a new deal: This would be on a fixed price contract (pricing based on the area you’re moving to – i.e. whether a low cost area, or not)
- Stay on your current contract: If you’ve more than 6 months left on this. However, you may need to pay extra each month (if you move out of a low cost area)
- Pay a house move charge and don’t re-contract: If you’ve less than 6 months left on your current contract. However, you may need to pay extra each month (if you move out of a low cost area)
- End your current contract: Our early termination charges would apply
I’ve moved house and I’m on a fixed price contract. I have to change my package as a result of moving. What do I do?
If you’re on a fixed price contract, you can choose to start a new contract on the current prices for the package that’s available at your new property. If you decide to leave your current contract charges would apply. Our Moving home or office FAQs provide more details. However, if broadband isn’t available at the property you’re moving into we’ll not charge you any fees.
I’m a Business customer, what happens if I move premises?
If you’re in contract: you may be eligible for a free premises move (a feature of our business contracts). To find out if you are just Contact Us. Should you have already redeemed your free premises move, your options are:
If you’re not nearing the end of your existing contract: you’ll have to pay a premises move fee (for details see our Business Charges Schedule). You’ll also stay on your existing contract
If you are at the end of your contract: you can choose to re-contract onto a new fixed price contract, instantly redeeming your new free premises move
If you’re not in contract (and not eligible for a free premises move): you can re-contract onto a fixed price contract, redeeming your new free premises move, or pay a premises move fee, staying out of contract