Moving home can mean juggling lots of tasks, but we're here to make sorting out your phone and broadband one less thing to worry about.
Our dedicated Home Moves team will have you up and running at your new place in no time, so you can get back to unpacking and settling in.
Talk to one of our team on0800 587 1952
Just let us know your moving date, along with your account details and we'll get you going. It's best to give us as much notice of your move as possible, ideally 2 - 3 weeks if you can.
Once we've got the details you can sit back and relax/get on with packing those boxes. We'll keep you updated of our progress every step of the way.
Don't forget to ask about:
£7.99 upfront free applies
Looking to join Plusnet?
We're proud to offer a straightforward combination of great value broadband and phone packages with award-winning customer service. Take a look at our products and find a deal to suit you.View Packages
Switching from another provider?
If you're moving to Plusnet from another provider, it's now easier than ever.
See our Switching Guide It's best to give us 2-3 weeks' notice of your move, but the sooner you tell us the better.
Included in all our packages
Have a look at our Plusnet Perks to see all the advantages you can get as a customer.
Flexible contract lengths
Choose from 12, 18 or 24 month contracts to suit you
We continue to deliver outstanding service, recognised by the many awards we've won.
Online parental control - no downloads needed. Easily block or allow websites and categories.
Help's at hand whenever you need it. Get award-winning UK-based support 365 days a year.
An easy to set up router worth £40 or £99.99 for fibre.
Unlimited broadband with no usage limits. Browse and download around the clock.
Here's the legal bit
Prices, content and terms may change at any time during your contract. We'll tell you about important changes in advance, and if a change is detrimental you'll be able to end your contract without any fees.
If you start a new broadband contract when you move, it's free to move your broadband to your new home. You might need to change your broadband package with a new minimum term if you do that.
If you want to carry on with the contract you've got at the moment, you'll need to pay £65 to move your broadband. If you need to have a phone line put in, it'll cost £49.99.
Check your digital TV coverage and broadband speed at www.youview.com. Aerial upgrade required. The YouView logo is a registered trademark owned by YouView TV Limited and used under licence.
† Netflix streaming membership required. Offer available to new members and limited to one free trial per household. Broadband Internet and device that streams from Netflix required. See www.netflix.com/TermsofUse for details.
^ ITV1 not available in N. Ireland or Scotland including via catch-up on the ITV Hub. Some ITV1 content made available in Scotland via STV and STV Player.
* Record available on YouView+ box only.
▵ HD Channel Pack - You must have a HD Ready television to view this content and use the HDMI cable to connect your TV to the Set Top Box. HD channel pack content is dependent upon the other channel packs you subscribe to i.e. certain HD channels will only be available as part of the HD channel pack where you also take the BT Sport channel pack.
‡ Channel Packs - Kids, HD, Entertainment Plus and BT Sport channel packs are subject to a one month minimum term.
**The BT Sport channel pack includes access to online content made available by BT via btsport.com and the BT Sport App (excludes the BT Sport Lite channel pack). You can access BT Sport online or via the BT Sport App in the UK and in over 25 European destinations. Requires minimum 400kbps line speed or good Wi-fi/3G/4G and a compatible device. Maximum of 2 devices may be used simultaneously. TV licence required. Must be aged 17 or over. Terms apply. BT Sport Extra channels are available in SD only. For BT Sport over Sky Digital Satellite Platform customers, BoxNation is available in SD only.
YouView TV from Plusnet
To take YouView TV from Plusnet you will need to be a current Plusnet Unlimited Fibre or Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra customer, with a minimum estimated line speed of 15Mb, and a Plusnet line rental customer. You must sign up for an 18 month minimum contract for:-
- Plusnet Unlimited Fibre or Unlimited Fibre Extra;
- Plusnet line rental; and
- YouView TV from Plusnet (Entertainment and BT Sport Lite channel packs included as standard).
You'll receive a YouView+ or a YouView box, and the Entertainment and BT Sport Lite channel packs as standard. Additional channel packs are subject to a one month minimum term. The BT Sport channel pack includes access to online content made available by BT via btsport.com and the BT Sport App (excludes the BT Sport Lite channel pack). You can access BT Sport online or via the BT Sport App in the UK and in over 25 European destinations. Requires minimum 400kbps line speed or good Wi-fi/3G/4G and a compatible device. Maximum of 2 devices may be used simultaneously. TV licence required. Must be aged 17 or over. Terms apply. BT Sport Extra channels are available in SD only. To view the HD channel pack content you must have a HD Ready television and use the HDMI cable to connect your TV to the Set Top Box.
HD channel pack content is dependent upon the other channel packs you subscribe to i.e. certain HD channels will only be available as part of the HD channel pack where you also take the BT Sport channel pack.
See our Price guide for details of our YouView TV from Plusnet pricing.
YouView+ Box = includes a YouView+ box (you'll just pay £7.99 P&P) with 500GB hard drive and the ability to record, pause and rewind TV. Entertainment and BT Sport Lite channel packs included as standard. There is a £50 activation charge.
YouView Box = includes a YouView box (you'll just pay £6.99 P&P) with the ability to pause (SD up to 30 mins and HD up to 15 mins) and rewind TV but you cannot record on this box. Entertainment and BT Sport Lite channel packs included as standard.
YouView TV from Plusnet with an 18 month contract: YouView TV from Plusnet service is subject to a minimum period of 18 months. If you choose to end the YouView TV from Plusnet service within the minimum period, you will have to pay a termination charge by way of compensation to us for ending your service early. This charge will be calculated by multiplying the number of months remaining in your minimum term by a monthly early termination charge, as set out in the Price guide.
TV channels delivered over broadband need the router and YouView box to be connected with an Ethernet cable or powerline adapters. If your router is more than 10m from your TV, you may need to purchase a longer Ethernet cable or powerline adapters at an additional cost (see Price guide for more details). Powerline adapters are subject to the quality of internal wiring in your home, and as a result speeds may vary.
Whilst watching or recording any TV channels delivered over broadband, other online activities might be slower.
User interface images may differ on screen and content is subject to availability. Record only available on YouView+. Catch up/on demand relates to content made available from the BBC, ITV (STV in Scotland and not available in Northern Ireland), Channel 4, Channel 5, UKTV, Quest OD and S4C. Not all programmes available from past seven days. UTV unavailable via catch up/on demand. Sky Store is a pay per view movie service. NOW TV and Netflix are subscription services. All logos and content images are trademarks and/or copyright of their respective owners.
BT Sport App from Plusnet
BT Sport App from Plusnet is available to existing UK Plusnet residential broadband customers. Minimum one month term starting from your next billing date following sign-up. Monthly rolling contract.
You can access BT Sport online or via the BT Sport App in the UK and in over 25 European destinations. Use of the service will count towards any relevant usage limit on your broadband or towards any data allowance or data charges. Requires minimum 400kbps line speed or good Wi-Fi/3G/4G and a compatible device. Maximum of 2 devices may be used simultaneously. Must be aged 17 or over. TV licence required. Terms apply.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
Our standard SIM only 30 day plans for new Plusnet mobile customers
All of our other standard SIM only 30 day plans are Roam Like at Home enabled. This means that you can use your plan allowance in the UK and in Roam Like at Home destinations. You can also use your mobile in the rest of the World, but this will be subject to additional charges. See our Mobile Price Guide for more details.
Roam Like at Home Enabled
Non-Plusnet broadband customers: £6.00 a month for 500MB of data, 250 minutes & 500 texts.
Plusnet broadband customers taking Mates Rates: £6.00 a month for 1.5GB (instead of 500MB) of data, 500 (instead of 250) minutes & Unlimited (instead of 500) texts.
Non-Plusnet broadband customers: £8.00 a month for 1GB of data, 1000 minutes & Unlimited texts.
Plusnet broadband customers taking Mates Rates: £8.00 a month for 3GB (instead of 1GB) of data, 2000 (instead of 1000) minutes & Unlimited texts.
Non-Plusnet broadband customers: £10.00 a month for 2GB of data, 1500 minutes & Unlimited texts.
Plusnet broadband customers taking Mates Rates: £10.00 a month for 4GB (instead of 2GB) of data, Unlimited (instead of 1500) minutes & Unlimited texts
Non-Plusnet broadband customers: £12.50 a month for 3GB of data, 2000 minutes & Unlimited texts.
Plusnet broadband customers taking Mates Rates: £12.50 a month for 6GB (instead of 3GB) of data, Unlimited (instead of 2000) minutes & Unlimited texts
Non-Plusnet broadband customers: £15.00 a month for 4GB of data, Unlimited minutes & Unlimited texts.
Plusnet broadband customers taking Mates Rates: £15.00 a month for 8GB (instead of 4GB) of data, Unlimited minutes & Unlimited texts
Monthly Plan Allowance Details
- UK calls to standard UK landlines (starting 01, 02, 03) and UK mobiles, standard texts to UK mobiles and data use when in the UK and calls to standard landlines in the UK and Roam Like at Home destinations, UK mobiles and Roam Like at Home mobiles, standard texts to UK mobiles and Roam Like at Home mobiles and data use when in Roam Like at Home destinations are included in your monthly plan allowance. All other calls, texts and data use are excluded (for example calls, texts and data use while roaming outside of Roam Like at Home destinations, calls to premium and business rate numbers, and all multimedia and picture messages are always chargeable), see our Mobile Price Guide for full details.
- Calls of up to one minute in length will be rated as if they are calls lasting for one minute.
Once you have used your monthly plan allowance, all calls, texts and data are chargeable other than emergency numbers and non-geographic numbers starting 0800, 0808, 0500.
- There is a data cap applied to your account of £40 for any data usage outside of the UK.
- This means if you’re using your phone abroad, you’ll never be charged more than the data cap for data usage during a billing month.
- As the data cap is dependent on exchange rates, this may slightly vary each year. The current data cap is set out at our Roaming and International Calls page.
- You can choose to change this data cap by contacting us.
- The charge for calls to service numbers beginning with 084, 087, 09 and 118 consists of a 19p per minute access charge from Plusnet, plus a service charge set by the organisation you called.
- Payment by Direct Debit only. Paper-free billing applies (paper bills are available for £10 per bill).
Speed & Coverage
- 2G / 3G / 4G speeds and network coverage may be affected by a number of factors, such as building materials, tree cover and weather conditions and how many other people are using the network too. See plus.net/mobile/coverage-checker for an estimate of available network coverage.
- "We cover 99% of the UK population, Proud to be part of the EE network”: Either 2G, 3G or 4G coverage of 99.63% of the UK population as at 30 September 2016. Based on EE data.
- Compatible phone needed, may need unlocking.
- SIM only plans are on a rolling monthly contract. 30 days’ notice to terminate required.
- Free SIM delivery.
Credit and Fraud Checks
- Plan availability subject to credit and fraud checks, unless you are an existing Plusnet broadband customer where a credit check will not be required.
- Changes to existing plans need to be completed by calling 500 from your mobile or 0800 079 1133.
- Customers who signed up before 29 November 2016 and are still within their minimum term will have to pay an in-contract cancellation charge to move to the above plans.
- A new SIM card may be required.
- Initial cap set at £10. Applies to limit the charges that can be incurred outside your monthly plan allowance within each allowance period.
- Opt in to decrease to £2 or increase to a maximum of £30 (subject to agreement – credit status may be considered). See plus.net/help/mobile/about-your-smart-cap/ for full details.
Mates Rates — Best Mates, Best Rates
- Mates Rates — Best Mates, Best Rates are available to existing Plusnet residential customers taking either: Plusnet home phone, broadband or both broadband and home phone.
- Plusnet business customers, Plusnet customers taking non-Plusnet branded products and Plusnet customers with only email, hosting or domain services will not be eligible for Mates Rates.
- An eligibility check applies on sign-up and we reserve the right to carry out further checks on your eligibility. A maximum of 5 SIM cards can be linked to one Plusnet broadband or home phone account.
- All Mates Rates allowances will be removed if the linked broadband or home phone service is cancelled (includes Mates Rates received by other household members because their mobile account is linked to the cancelled broadband or phone service).
- Broadband or phone accounts must be signed up for at least 24 hours before signing up for Mates Rates.
- For more information on Mates Rates go to plus.net/help/mobile/mates-rates-guide/.
- You will be subject to our Mobile Terms. This “Here’s the legal bit” sets out the Offer Terms which form part of our Mobile Terms.
- You will be subject to our Terms and Conditions for Plusnet residential services. This "Here's the legal bit" sets out the Offer Terms which form part of these terms.