Following a service outage on our network, your router should reconnect automatically. In some cases, you may need to manually reconnect your router - this page will show you how to do this.
Open your Internet browser
- Browers include Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome and Firefox depending on your computer and preference
Connect to your router
- Enter the IP of your router in your browser's address bar. The IP should be 192.168.1.254 unless you've changed it
- If you're asked to log in, enter your router username and password. The username is usually admin (all lowercase) and the password is your router serial number (this starts with 'CP' and it's all uppercase)
Restore your connection
- Now that you're connected to your router, you can click the 'Connect' button in the 'Broadband Connection' section
- If you can't see this button, click on 'Home' in the left hand panel to make sure you're on the correct page.
If the 'Connect' button doesn't work, you may need to enter your broadband username and password. To open the login form, click on the 'Internet' link in the same section.
Your username and password will be the same details you use to log in to Member Centre, but with an extension to your username depending on your account type, e.g. email@example.com
Here's a list of possibilities:
- Plusnet: @plusdsl.net
- Force9: @f9.co.uk
- Free-Online: @free-online.net
- Madasafish: @madasafish.com
- Totalise: @totalise.co.uk
- Metronet: @dsl2.net
You should now be connected
If you are, you'll see the 'connected' status within the 'Broadband Connection' section.