Follow these instructions to set up your Plusnet or hosted domain email address.
Before you can use this guide, you'll need to register and log in with a Microsoft account. If you're unable or would rather not do this, we recommend installing and setting up a separate email program such as Windows Live Mail, Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird.
Once you're signed in to Mail, open the Charms bar and choose Settings.
From the Charms bar, choose Accounts.
You'll see a list of the email addresses currently set up. Select Add an account.
Choose Other Account from the list.
You'll be asked for information to Add your Other account.
Before doing anything, select Show more details.
Fill in the your email and account details and press Connect to continue (see below the screenshot if you need help with this).
- Email address: Enter the address you're setting up, this could be a Plusnet address (email@example.com) or a hosted domain address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Enter the password for the email address you're setting up ()
- Incoming (IMAP) email server: imap.plus.net
Make sure you untick Incoming server requires SSL - the port number will change to 143
- Outgoing (SMTP) email server: relay.plus.net
Make sure you untick Outgoing server requires SSL - the port number will change to 25
- Outgoing server requires authentication and Use the same username and passwordd to send and receive email: You can leave both of these ticked
Click Connect to continue.
Your email address is now ready to use. Once you've set up your email address, you can switch between Inboxes through the list at the bottom left side of your screen.