Follow these instructions to set up your Plusnet or hosted domain email address.
If this is the first time you've opened Outlook 2010, the Welcome to Outlook 2010 Startup window will appear automatically. Click Next twice and continue to step 2.
Otherwise click the File tab, make sure Info is selected from the left menu and click Add Account.
Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
Select Internet E-mail and click Next.
Fill in your account details (see below the screenshot if you need help with this).
- Your Name: Enter your name (or the name you'd like people to see when you send them email)
- E-mail Address: Enter the address you're setting up, this could be a Plusnet address (email@example.com) or a hosted domain address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Account Type: Select either POP3 or IMAP from the dropdown list ()
- Incoming mail server: For POP3, this is mail.plus.net, for IMAP this is imap.plus.net
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): relay.plus.net
- User name & Password: Use the username and password for this email address ()
Click Next when you've finished entering these details.
Outlook will now test the settings you've entered. Click Close when it's finished.
- If the test is successful, that's all you need to do, click Finish
- If the test fails you'll be taken back to the Internet E-mail Settings screen (step 4) to fix the problem
Click the Send/Receive button (it's at the top left side of the Outlook 2010 window as shown in the image below) and your email will be downloaded to your Inbox.