Skip to main content

Your basket

Monthly payment

  • every month for months, then
  • months contract
  • no annual contract

Monthly payment total

£xx

One-off payment

One-off payment total

£xx

Included with your package

Summary

Monthly payment

    One-off payments

    Plusnet Reward Card**
    Plusnet Reward Card** to say thanks for signing up
    Amazon gift card
    Amazon gift card to say thanks for signing up
    cashback icon
    Cashback to say thanks for signing up
    Today's payment
    Today's payment

    We’re changing our Plusnet Mobile prices and terms

    On the 31st March 2022, we'll be making some changes to our mobile prices for all Plusnet Mobile customers with a 12 month or 30 day SIM-Only plan. Here's everything you need to know.

    From 31st March 2022, we’re increasing the price of your plan in line with the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of inflation, published by the Office for National Statistics in January this year plus 3.9%.

    The Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate is a figure released by the Office for National Statistics. The CPI is used for purposes such as uprating pensions, wages and benefits and can help in the understanding of inflation on family budgets. CPI measures the average price change as a percentage for a basket of 700 different goods and services which households buy.

    We'll take the CPI percentage rate published by the Office for National Statistics in January of this year which is 5.4% and add an extra 3.9%. So the total rate we’ll apply is 9.3%.

    Here's an example to show how this works. Let’s say:

    You had a mobile plan that's £10.00 a month.
    The CPI rate in January 2022 is 5.4%

    Your monthly price up to 31st March 2022 = £10

    £10 plus 9.3% (the 5.4% CPI rate published in Jan 2022  plus 3.9%) = £10.93 a month

    This means you’d pay £10.93 each month going forward, less any discounts you might have which will continue as normal.

    If you'd like to make any changes to your plan, you can log in to My Account and hit the Upgrade Button to see what exclusive offers are available.

    If we're only putting up prices in line with the CPI plus 3.9% and you choose to cancel because of that, you'll still need to pay any early termination charges if you're still within your minimum term. This is because annual CPI price rises will be included in your Mobile Terms.

    If we put up our prices for any other reason though, you might be able to end your contract early without paying any charges.

    New contracts from 24th February 2022 onwards will include annual CPI plus 3.9% price increases.  This means we’ll increase your mobile plan price in March each year from 2023 by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate published by the Office for National Statistics in January of that year plus 3.9%.

    Was this article helpful?

    Can’t find the answer to your question?